About Modern Languages Studies
Although the courses offered through the Modern Languages Studies department may be taken for general interest, they also qualify as Arts credit towards the Bachelor of Arts Degree.
- Bachelor of Arts, Minor in Languages and Culture (Romance Languages)
- Post-degree Diploma in Languages and Culture (Romance Languages)
- Certificate of Proficiency in Language and Culture
Modern Languages Studies - Program Notes
The option of the Challenge examination is available for students wishing to "challenge" a Language course when they feel that they have the necessary proficiency in it, equivalent to the requirements of the course challenged. The Challenge exam will have the following parts:
- Written (grammar and vocabulary testing)
- Oral expression and comprehension
- Listening comprehension
- Reading comprehension and composition
The Challenge exam is NOT available for students whose mother tongue is the same as the language that they wish to challenge.
For general enquiries about the Department and its programs, or for enquiries about French, please contact Hope Leith.
For enquiries about Spanish, please contact Ana Maria Donat.
For enquiries about Japanese, please contact Kimi Furuta.
For more information on Prior Learning Assessment and the Challenge program, please visit the Prior Learning Assessment site.